Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Screwed By Ma Bell

And I didn't even get any cuddle time after.

So a week-and-a-half ago I ordered a phone service / DSL package from AT&T, through their web site. The phone started working on Monday, as promised. But no sign of the DSL kit. So I waits. And waits some more. I tried accessing my account through the web site, but it claimed my phone number didn't exist. Blargh.

Finally, this morning I get a live person on the phone. "I'm sorry, there's no record of you having ordered DSL." Great googly moogly. How is this possible, when I ordered a package? So, we get the order re-submitted, but the earliest the service can be in place is Monday. Assuming they don't lose the paperwork again.

Fegh.

No comments: