Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Bed

I spent a good chunk of last night assembling the bed I bought at Ikea. Lots and lots of exotic screws and fasteners holding together pine boards. It occurred to me that this was the first piece of furniture I'd ever bought by myself. Everything else I've ever owned has been hand-me-downs from family or friends, things we picked out jointly, and stuff Brett brought with her or scrounged somewhere. But this was something I'd picked out just for me, with no consideration of what Brett would want. It's low to the ground, uses springy slats instead of a box spring, and a plain headboard. She'd hate it.

And then this other thing that occurred to me. For the past few years, I've pretty much not been having sex with my wife. But now, I'm going to have the freedom and opportunity to not have sex with whomover I want. That's right. Movie stars! Olympic athletes! Wives of friends! Women with attractive voices on Vent! The possibilities are endless.

No comments: