Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The heck???

My new microwave oven has a number of pre-sets. I've never liked these, since I never had any trouble figuring out that "This needs to be cooked about 1 minute on high, and if it ain't quite done give it another 20 seconds." But apparently there's some demand for this feature, 'cause pretty much every model has them now. "popcorn" and "slice of pizza" and "hard-boiled egg" and so on. But this one really caught my eye.

"Ice cream"

Ummm.... who the heck puts ice cream in the microwave. And then trusts a pre-programmed setting to soften it just enough without meliting the shnoggers out of it????!?

3 comments:

Tami Parker said...

Ever watch Snakes on a Plane?

Hilariously awful movie. Anyway, one of the scenes, the male flight attendant is backing away from a snake, and he manages to grab it. Flailing, he turns and tosses it into the nearby microwave, slamming the door shut and hitting...

...wait for it...

...the [SNAKE] button.

I nearly died.

~Ego

Bell said...

Sometimes ice cream needs to be defrosted into something that is not an unchippable block.

Could be that.

Ratshag said...

@Ego - I has no "snake" button. I checked. :(

@Bell - well, yeah, I'm sure it's not for cooking the ice cream. But still. Is weird.