Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Progress, Maybe

Went over to the house last night for the first time since "breaking up" with Brett two weeks ago. Taylor needed to choose electives for 7th grade, and since there were some possible ramifications for what she'd have to take in high school, it kinda mattered.

So, there we were at the kitchen table, the three of us, sharing information and preferences. And at the end Taylor said "this is what I want to do" and she filled out the form and we both signed it. It was all okay and non-stressful, and after I said goodnight to Taylor, and Brett and I exchanged an affectionate hug, but no more than that, and I said goodbye and I left.

Being able to work with Brett as Taylor's parents is so important. I hope that last night is a sign that this will continue to work out as well as it has over the past six months. For everybody's sake.

And, at the same time, Brett and I were able to respect the line I drew between us. Hopefully, that will continue as well.

No comments: