Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Day With Surprises

Yesterday I was running late for work, and didn't stop to look for a belt. Within an hour though I realized that had been a mistake. The jeans I had on used to fit well, maybe even a little snug. But great googly moogly, without a belt they were loose, droopy, and dang near falling off. When did this happen? I mean I knew I'd lost some weight since moving out of the house, what with eating less sugary foods and climbing the stairs to my apartment 4 or 5 times a day, but damn. Time to do some shopping, I guess...

Second surprise was when I was driving down the highway to pick Taylor up from her acting class. Suddenly the battery warning light comes on, and at the same time the air conditioner dies and the power steering goes away. Oh, crap. Means I've lost the serpentine belt, and the car is running off of the battery. Also means I'm not going to make it all the way into Austin and back before the car goes completely dead. So I turn around and call Brett and explain the situation. I'm so glad she was able to drop what she was doing and go get the kid. I managed to limp home on what was probably the last few amps in the battery, and then spent most of today finding a place to service it and arranging for a tow. Damned inconvenient, but it could've been a whole lot worse.

Third surprise, and by far the nicest, was something a friend said in an e-mail to me. It was completely unexpected, and made me feel really good inside.

1 comment:

Bell said...

:D

:[

:D