Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

And She's....

...painting my toenails purple again. Just on the left foot. Not sure why she enjoys doing it, but she does, so I just roll with it. She can't really say. Perhaps it's reassuring to her, a reminder that yes, I do trust her, that I don't mind minor strange incursions into my personal space. I figure tolerating this affront to my manly dignity is just karma, catching up with me for all the times I wouldn't let my six-year-old kid sister dress me up like an oversized Barbie doll.

When I was with Brett, we never did anything together that didn't make sense. And as time went by, we just did less and less together, until there was nothing left. I realize now, doing little things that bring us closer together, that keep us from drifting apart, are so very very important. They keep the love strong and rejuvenated. Who cares if they make sense?

Of course, for the next week or so I'm going to glance down towards my feet and mentally scream "holy crap what happened to my toes???!?" at least once a day. I can live with that.

3 comments:

Kayeri said...

Mac and I just sat here reading this and I looked at him and said, "I just don't you see you sitting there and letting me paint your toenails." He agreed and noted there would have to be something really good in it for him. Then he concluded that it must mean you are a better orc than he is... ::giggle:: I would agree, he hasn't looked at his orc DK in months... :)

Alex said...

Your relationship posts give me the warm fuzzies. I'm happy for you.

Sincerely, long-time lurker.

Julie said...

Kayeri,

I don't really ask him, I just do it when he is doing something else, like, playing WoW and in a dungeon.

Alex,
Our lives really are as entertaining as he makes it seem. We laugh so much, and love even more. I am glad you enjoy them.

-The Missus