Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Messing With The In-Laws

J: I'm going to change my Facebook relationship status to "It's complicated."

M: Why would you do that?

J: Because then your parents will call you and ask what's wrong.

M: Yes, they will freak out and they will want to know what they can do to help, and they won't believe me when I say everything's fine so they will keep calling.

J: Yeah, you will like. It's good to talk to your parents.

M: No, it's going to get old after the second call.

J: Yes, but I will be amused, which is the most important thing. And then tomorrow? I'll change my status to "divorced". That'll really drive them crazy!

<thirty minutes later>

J: Ha-HAAAAH! I had a better idea. I'm going to make the change to your Facebook status! You will like.

M: Great googly moogly.

4 comments:

Bre_0 said...

I find this equally hilarious! Did she finally do it????

Tooo much importance on a freaking couple of words on a website! God! *Tries to keep her Facebook rage under control*

Julie said...

No, I didn't do it, I love my in-laws a lot, and they would not find it humorous, they don't really have an appreciation for my sense of humor. :)

Kayeri said...

OMG, I cannot think of anything worse than getting the in-laws in... unless you set the joke up with them in advance... ::giggling:: You do love to mess with him, don't you?? :)

Julie Cruse said...

You really have no idea how badly I mess with him on a regular basis, he doesn't post the majority of it here. Like, for example, when I dumped cold water on his head, just so I could laugh, because I was in a bad mood and needed to laugh. And it was not the first time I did it. Luckily, most of the time, it amuses him too, or at least, my laugh does. He just figures it is better to be married to me who is unpredictable and messes with him than someone who doesn't talk to him for weeks at a time. Go figure.