Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Football, And A Moment Of Closeness

Brett invited me over to the house to watch a football game yesterday. Since she has the 46" hi-def and I have ... umm ... my cell phone? if I wanna pay for it? I took her up on it. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon. She fixed some nachos, we had a beer or two, we put our feet up and watched the Patriots show that the Jets can't beat them, even with Brett Favre and no Tom Brady. Oh well.

After the game, she needed to go meet someone for a while. She asked if I wanted to stay and watch the Steelers play the night game, but I said no, I'd rather leave as planned, while things were going well. She understood that. So we hugged, and kissed, and kissed more, and caressed, and ...

"I want you" she whispered. I can't remember the last time she said anything like that to me. But she had to go, and saying sneaking off to the bedroom for a quickie when the kid would've known exactly what we were up to just wasn't something I felt comfortable with. So we left it at that, and said goodbye, and went our separate ways.

I don't know if that moment will come again for months, if ever. And part of me regrets not taking her hand and leading her into the bedroom, regardless of the circumstances. But mostly right now I'm just enjoying knowing that, despite what's happened, we can both still feel that desire for each other.

No comments: