Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Haven't Quit Yet...

...but I did tell the Big Boss that things need to change or I'm walking. He said things will change. That was three months ago. There's been a little change here and there - Barry's handling all the interfacing with one of our clients, even for my projects, and Joe's going to take over the routine heat exchanger work. I'm not sure either of them is too happy about that, but the reality is that as long as I'm producing $30k a month, plus doing tech support, plus a lot of internal support work, I've got a lot of weight to throw around.

New computers for everybody: the Opterons were a little disappointing, with 4GB of RAM but only a little over 3GB were actually available. So the Uber Boss pulled out his checkbook and got a dual Xeon64 with 8GB for everybody in the group. That's a lot of power. Yea for him.

Read recently: Camouflage by Joe Haldeman. Not too deep, but a good page turner.
Now reading: Race to the Pole, about Scott's doomed expedition to the South Pole (if you're not familiar with it, they came in second and then everyone died. Bummer.

Yea for me: I've been learning MySQL and PHP. I'll be redoing the entire coastergeek site as a database.

No comments: