Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Monday, November 09, 2009

And The Winner Is...

Possibility Number 2. Brett did not show up. So my lawyer and I ran down all the assets and debts and child support plans and how we wanted it all divided, and the judge said "sounds fine to me. you're divorced." I'm not even required to notify Brett or anything. She does get 30 days to claim I pulled a shenanigans, but the burden of proof would be on her, and since I didn't she would lose. I just, you know, didn't go out of my way to act as her unpaid personal secretary.

I am still in shock. It was over so damn fast...

8 comments:

Arleen said...

*Hugs honey!*

I am so glad it is finally over!!!

<3

Steve said...

"Congratulations" seems a bit inappropriate, given the situation, but hopefully you can now get started on the rest of your life. Today is the first day: Make it count!

Lady Jess said...

Woooooohooooooo!!!!

Tami said...

*HUGS* I am so happy for you! That could have been much much much worse than it was, and you've got enough on your plate without a long, drawn-out, painful divorce as well.

*hugs again, for good measure*

Anna said...

You did what you needed to do, and can now move on to doing the things that you want to do.

/hug!

And, like Steve said, it's not really a congratulations, but I'm happy for your being done, and that today went "smoothly".

Marylin said...

Phew, so relieved it went well for you! Now you can concentrate on who matters the most to you, Julie and Taylor. x

Dulcea said...

I'm glad everything turned out so well for you.

Your daughter seems to be a smart cookie, and kids are far more observant than we give them credit for (when they're not being impossible brats. *grin*). And actions always speak louder than words. Your daughter will know and see the truth, so no worries there. ^_^

Hydra said...

One part is at a close. Now you can spend that time on your daughter and your relationships.

*hugs*