Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

World of Warcraft Update

If you don't play World of Warcraft, feel free to not read this one. It probably won't make any sense.

Julie and I just got back from BlizzCon. I thought it was okay but not great. My favorite part was getting to meet friends whom I'd only known through the internet before, like TJ and Hydra. My least favorite part was how dark it was in the convention. I guess they were trying to set a gaming atmosphere, and it may have worked for a lot of folks, but I don't see well in the dark without my glasses, and I hadn't brought them because I wasn't planning to do much driving. So mostly I was squinting a lot and fumbling around, and it's hard to relax and enjoy under those conditions. Ah well.

Ratshag's little Horde guild has come a long way in the past 10 months. We've started doing heroics, and people are talking about wanting to recruit a bit so we can do some 10-man raids. There's been a bit of burn-out and ennui, but nothing like what we were undergoing at this point in Burning Crusade. I'd like to think my leadership and formulating long-term plans had something to do with that. It strokes my ego, doncha know?

On the Alliance side, I have two level 80s, both in BBB's Sidhe Devils guild. Vyp the death knight is now geared up to where she can do respectable dps in a Naxx raid, and I've brought Kinnavieve the tankadin over from her old guild. There are times I miss Aetherial Circle, but then I remind myself that I was missing it even when I was still there. Guilds are dynamic, living entities, with people joining and leaving all the time for many reasons, and AC had become a more hard-core, less silly place as a result. SD is a much more relaxed place, with no pressure to keep up with the Joneses, and at this point in my life that's exactly what I need. And it seems to be working out for Julie as well (hooray!). I had been reluctant to ask her to transfer her characters over, because I wasn't sure she'd be okay in such a laid-back place, but she's adjusted to it.

Hoping to get several more characters to 80 before the expansion hits next year. Got Ratdorf the priest at 71, Kalishna the death knugget at 60, Orctacles at 44, Alayda the shaman at 35, and Danger Mouse the rogue at 33. Should be no problem to get them all there, right?

No comments: