Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Screwed Up Again

I lost track of a the schedule for a project for the Number One Client. I thought I had two weeks left to finish it, but he called me on Wednesday and reminded me that I had promised results by this Friday. Oops. I told him I would be able to send him first results on Monday, & he said that was cool. So now I'm busting my ass to get it done. Finished building the model in three days, which is pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Had to make a few compromises, but nothing too severe. The new Opteron really helped - trimmed the whole thing in an hour by using all four processors. Gotta go into the office today to finish setting it up and get it running. These types of models usually run pretty well on the first try - hopefully this will be typical.

No comments: