Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Navigating the 21st Century waters in a 20th Century vessel.

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Taking a well-deserved vacation from life, starting tomorrow. The not-so-short-anymore one and I are flying out to Colorado. She will be skiing, I will not. People are always telling me how much I'd enjoy skiing, and they're probably right. I imagine I would. The problem is the joints in my legs are already pretty messed up. My knees are bow-legged, my ankles severely pronated, and my fleet are completely flat. I'd like them to still function in another 40 years, but I figure the odds aren't better than 50-50 as it is. I read once that on a typical downhill run, a skiers knees absorb enough energy to shatter an acre of glass. I don't think my knees could handle too much of that without reducing their lifetime expectancy. So no skiing for the Captain.

The last time we visited my folks in Colorado, I spent one day at the ski resort. That day, one person had to be evacuated by helicopter, and two more were pulled out on sleds. I've never seen anyone get injured on a roller coaster. Yet people still ask me, "Aren't they dangerous?" Bleh.

Still no official word on when A Feast For Crows will ship.

No comments: